YNW PCD wire die blanks are diamond crystal block of diamond particles and catalyst cobalt sintered under high temperature and ultrahigh pressure. It has a long useful life and can be used in high-speed drawing of many kinds of alloy, such as stainless steel, tungsten, molybdenum and aluminum.
YNW PCD wire die blanks are polycrystalline diamond (PCD) products produced by an advanced high temperature and ultra-high pressure process in the presence of a solvent metal.
A high degree of diamond-to-diamond bonding enables them to combine the hardness, abrasion resistance and high thermal conductivity of natural diamond with a toughness approaching that of tungsten carbide. They are the better choice for high accuracy and long life wire drawing dies.
Unsupported series consists of round and regular hexagon two types.
It has high abrasion resistance, hardness and thermal conductivity, and has good mechanical strength and toughness. It is suitable for drawing copper, aluminum, nickel and other non-ferrous metals, stainless steel and various alloy wire.
Cobalt-based PCD die cores containing metal bond, has good workability, can use the electrical discharge machining, laser, ultrasonic technology, but the presence of cobalt metal makes the diamond is easy to occur at high temperature and therefore the mold core is suitable for below 650 degrees Celsius under the conditions of processing and use.
• Available for almost any type of wire drawing operation, from rod-size to fine-size
• Can be used for wet and dry drawing applications
• Predictable wire surface quality
• Contain randomly oriented diamond crystals, making certain that wire remains round; even with significant wear the wire remains round
• Blank dimensions are guaranteed, hence maximum recut dimensions can be predicted